Saturday, August 8, 2009

Just a few pictures...

It's been a nice little Saturday... Andrew and I got up, had some coffee, then headed down to the open air market downtown. After some pupusas (for me), and baleadas (for him), we got down to business and bought as many fresh fruits and vegetables as we could carry. I painted a little this afternoon and then we made pizzas with my friend Ivonne. This is the first Saturday in months that we've had to just relax around the house and get to the market, so very nice. Here are just a few recent pictures:



Guillermo really likes to hang out in the pool when it's hot. It doubles as a bathroom.

Making bagels. I was not able to flip this picture. Yes. Lame. But the bagels were NOT lame; in fact they were quite tasty and a new personal favorite, and pretty much the only thing I'm willing to bake.

This we took on a recent day venture to Santa Lucia, my new favorite little town in Honduras. Unfortunately, none of the scenic pictures I took are worth posting, since it was gray and rainy most of the day... but you can see how happy we were to be out of the city for a bit.

My first English students with their diplomas. We were just missing Jessica, who couldn't make it due to one of the demonstrations that blocked her way back home after a visit to her family out East.

Painting flowers on Saturday.


This little friend landed on Andrew's hand while we were waiting for the bus one day. I kind of think he was blowing a kiss at me. Flirting a little bit.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

Lovely

Afriqnboy said...

nice pictures! and painting :) I'm happy to see you still know how to use the macro picture mode thing :)

Anonymous said...

Amanda, you paint very well! I loved the red flowers....dahlias?
Guillermo es muy lindo. That is about all the Spanish I remember.
I am glad you had a nice day-trip.
I like this blog because I don't do facebook!